What has Marvel Studios got in store for us?
So, phase 3 of MCU has ended and it was easily the best phase they have had. Ant-Man and the Wasp probably being the most middle of the road of the films, but majority were incredibly epic or far better sequels to other movies or good origin movies. As we all know Marvel/Disney has bought Fox along with it’s properties it owns, that means X-Men and Fantastic 4 can now be introduced into the MCU. It’s an exciting time for Marvel fans so let’s speculate what might happen and what I want in phase 4 of the MCU. FULL SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Fantastic 4 done right
Something I think we all want is Marvel’s first family to have a movie that actually shows how good their comics actually are. Give them their proper origin, don’t be scared to make them a little cheesy and do Doctor Doom right! With their introduction Doctor Doom could be a major player in the MCU and he can maybe be a big bad that Avengers even have to deal with later on. Speaking of which, with Tony Stark now being gone from the MCU, we need a new mastermind which Reed Richards can fill in. Sue Storm will be a new powerful woman for the MCU and it will be interesting Johnny Storm’s relationship with Spider-Man and how it is all going to fit in. I would love phase 4 to start with them.
Galactus and Silver Surfer done right
Then, of course we need a cosmic threat and who better than Galactus with help from his herald Silver Surfer. They can introduce them in the Fantastic 4 movie, or even have them introduced in the next Guardians of the Galaxy or Eternals movies. Galactus and Silver Surfer are among my favourite Marvel characters and finally having them done right in the MCU will be amazing and would be a great new threat as big as Thanos.
X-Men more like the comics
Then we have the X-Men who unlike Fantastic 4 have actually had some great films. Some rivalling the MCU. This being said they have never been the X-Men we love from the comics (Cyclops and Rogue looking at you) and there are ways they can ensure they do this right. Firstly give them their 90s outfits or something close to it, give Wolverine his classic yellow, blue and black costume. With Wolverine it is also important to hire someone completely different to Hugh Jackman, make him short, hairy, more like the comics. This can also introduce Magneto as a big player like Doctor Doom and introduce some more recurring MCU villains. I’d imagine they won’t be introduced though until phase 5.
Some Quick Predictions
Next are some films I think will come next and the dates I reckon they will release. These are only predictions, some of these films are announced, some are speculations.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2020) will have Thor part of the team now. Adam Warlock was teased in Vol. 2 and will probably be featured as the main villain. I hope that maybe Galactus and Silver Surfer will be teased or have a small cameo also.
- Doctor Strange 2 (2020) will have Mordo as the main villain, I want Dormammu more heavily featured and to see more of Strange’s powers. I have loved him in the last three films he’s been featured in so I am very excited for this.
- The Eternals (2020) this is a surprise movie, there are a ton of different Marvel movies they could have made, yet this is announced. This could expand on our cosmic heroes and maybe feature someone like Captain Marvel or The Guardians of the Galaxy, or both!
- Spider-Man 3 (2021)to feature Kraven the Hunter to hunt down Peter and Spider-Man. Peter somehow gets his secret identity back, either by tricking people into thinking he’s not Spider-Man or by wiping people’s memories somehow. Oscorp and Baxter buildings hopefully feature in this. Also it would be a good idea to have Scorpion gets created.
- Black Panther 2 (2021) is a tough one as I’m honestly not sure what the plot wil be, but we know he will definitely have a sequel.
- Fantastic 4 (2021)I really hope will have their own movie and can introduce Doctor Doom as a big villain within the MCU.
- Shang Chi (2021)has also been announced, which to be honest with you I don’t know a lot about, but if we get to have a cool kung-fu action Marvel movie, I’m down.
- Avengers 5 (2022)could feature Doctor Doom as the main villain, as he was introduced in Fantastic 4. He started off as a small threat in that movie and evolved to an Avengers level threat. The Avengers can be comprised of: Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man, The New Captain America, Doctor Strange and I think it would be pretty cool to have She-Hulk, as the female hero of the group and also the new hulk of the group. Fantastic 4 will obviously be featured too. That will be the end of phase 4, with a potential X-Men cameo at the end, setting them up in phase 5.
- Spider-Man 4 (2023) to potentially feature the Sinister Six. Doc Ock can be the main villain who assembles the villains. The Sinister Six will probably be comprised of: Doc Ock, Scorpion, Mysterio, The Vulture, Kraven the Hunter and the Rhino. The symbiote suit could potentially be teased here also, if they are planning on introducing Venom to the MCU. This will most likely be phase 5. Fantastic 4 and X-Men should play some prominent parts in this movie also to set up what phase 5 is going to look like.
What do you think will happen in Phase 4? What do you want to happen? SDCC is very close and I’m sure we’ll find out then. Thanks for reading and keep a look out on this blog for much more superhero news! Also follow my Instagram for some drawings and random things I like to post at: @the12th-dimension.